Tutorial: Statement Makeup Look for Upcoming Festivals
Makeup is about experimenting. Its so easy to create a different look everyday and one must not inhibit or stop themselves from doing so. Even the easiest smokey eye or a very basic eye makeup can be subtly amped up to look different and appealing.
For today’s makeup look I have used a lovely palette from BH cosmetics called Special Occasion Palette. Its just 4 colors and it’s a makeup that would suit a lot of skin coloring.
- Prep the skin and apply your favourite primer like Laura Mercier Oil Free Makeup Primer all over your face and eye area.
- Begin with a long lasting oil free foundation that is time proof and water and sweat resistant. I used Guerlain’s Parure Extreme Foundation in Beige Moyen.
- Conceal the under eye area with your favourite concealer like Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place concealer in 03.
- Apply your favourite cream blush like Chanel’s Blush Crème de Chanel in Destiny which has an earthy tone that would compliment green and blue eyeshadows in the makeup look.
- Set the makeup with a thin veil of your favourite translucent powder like MAC PRO setting powder in Peach.
- Apply your favourite earthy toned blush like Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Accent and highlight the heights of the cheek bones with a shimmery highlighter like Thebalm cosmetics Mary Loumanizer.
- Conceal the under eye area to get rid of under eye darkness. Tame, Shape and Fill the brows with your favourite eye brow product like Elizabeth Arden Brow Powder in Brunette.
- Prime the lids with LORAC Behind the Scenes primer for the eyeshadows to stay put and last longer.
- Apply a light reddish brown from the Special Occasion palette in the entire crease.
- Apply a soft shimmery beige eyeshadow on the entire lid. You can use fingers or a damp brush for a bolder impact. Apply the same color in the inner corners to highlight.
- Apply a duo chrome mint green eyeshadow on the entire lower lid and smoke it out.
- Trace the upper lash line with MAC Fluidline in Black Track and wing it out slightly to create the uber beautiful feline flick.
- Curl the lashes with Shiseido eye lash curler. Soften the eye liner with matte black eyeshadow. Apply lashings of LORAC Pro mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
Use an earth toned lipstick or a rust color lipstick to complete the look. I love Maybelline 14 HR Stay Lipstick in consistently truffle, MAC lipstick in Viva Glam 1 or Retro, Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick in Guilliana or Estee Lauder Signature lipstick in MOCHA.
Hope you liked the look. Do let me know which is your favourite lipstick to pair with such a simple yet statement making smokey eye.
Tutorial by Guest Contributor Neeraj