Guest Post By Sam
When it comes about makeup I always try to focus on my eyes most of the times as I just love to highlight my eyes than any other part of my face mostly …so when it comes about makeup I was always in search of good eye makeup brushes and my search end on Real Techniques Starter Kit.
Price: – approx. $36.73 in feelunique.com
The brand claim about this set:-
Eye definition goes high-definition with this essential set:
Real Techniques Starter Kit includes 5 full-size brushes + case:
– base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour
– deluxe crease brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring
– accent brush: designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging
– pixel-point eyeliner brush: tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application
– brow brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows
– panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
– look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
– ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
– extended aluminum handles are light and easy to us
The kit includes:
– Deluxe crease brush: meant for contouring
– Base shadow brush: to apply a wash of color on the eyes
– Accent brush: for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging
– Pixel-point eyeliner brush: quite firm and thin, with tapered tip
– Brow brush: angled cut, thicker and a bit wider than a regular angled liner brush.
The brush kit comes with in a plastic case that consists of a case and five brushes. The brush kit is just ideal for any makeup beginners. The brushes comes in a nice glossy blue color body with the name of each brush along with the brand name printed on the body of the brush which is why it is easy to detect which brush is use for what purpose. The brushes come with the case which is really sturdy and padded one that can be place as a stand on your makeup area or in your vanity. All the brushes are pretty much of same length but with different purpose obviously. All the brushes are super soft and fluffy but among all the brushes I found the deluxe crease brush is mostly fluffy than any other brushes. The deluxe crease brush is slightly big for my eyes but it can be used in crease line along with to highlight the brow bone and sometimes I use to contour my side of nose with this brush.
Infact I found the eye shadow brush is just ideal for blending purpose mostly. Next is the liner brush which I think is a bit thick to draw thin line.
The brushes are easy to wash and it dries out super quickly. What I don’t like about these brushes are the tip of the brushes are white which means it seems like it get easily dirty in single use so one has to keep clearing the brushes after every use which is little hectic for me sometimes. The brushes are really good no doubt but I found it sometimes difficult to use it as my eyes are not big enough to deal with the brushes …lol but I never stop using them , I use them in my various other purpose in makeup. But at the end I must say if you love to collect the brushes and you r a beginner in makeup then this kit might be helpful for you.
So here are the pros and cons.
- Nice packaging.
- All the brushes are super soft.
- Easy to wash.
- Ideal for makeup beginners.
- The case come along with the kit can be used as a stand too.
- The brushes are easy to wash and dry out quickly.
- The brushes can be sometimes use for multiple purpose.
- Availability is the one and only issue.
My ratings: – 4/5
My recommendation: – I really love the kit despite the brushes are little fluffy and big for my eyes as they can be used in other purpose too. So I must say this brush is “must have” in your vanity if you are a brush lover or a makeup beginners.