Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara Review
Life literally seemed impossible without my Benefit They Are Real Mascara, until I finally jumped the Maybelline falsies bandwagon and got one. Only to find myself bamboozled by the fact that this Rs. 450, mascara gave me 98% the same effect like Rs. 1650 one does. In fact to be honest I could see longer lashes with the falsies as compared to They Are Real.
What Maybelline says about it:
False Lash glam, instantly! Patented Spoon brush fans out lashes from corner to corner, while our Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping.
Why You’ll Love It:
- Unique flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of 300% more visible, fuller lashes, no gaps from any angle
- Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
- Waterproof, also available in Washable formula
Expert Tip: Hold brush with spoon side upwards against lashes and sweep from root to tip to fill in gaps and coat each lash with Kera-Fiber formula. Repeat until false lash look is achieved. Do not let dry between coats
Packaging: Comes in cute purple colour tube packaging of sturdy plastic. The cap screws on pretty well and secure, and is totally a travel friendly.
The wand: The fancy thing about the wand is that it’s curved. The wand of the mascara is C-shaped or spoon shaped. The bristles looks & feel its made of plastic yet it is soft on lashes.
Formula of the mascara: If you see at first, formula may seem sticky and thick when swatched on hand but it’s very light on eyes and does not clump at all.
My take on the mascara:
Well for me, I am super duper choosy when it comes to mascara or any other eye makeup stuff ,be it eyeliners ,eye shadows ,or mascara ,I try to stick with a particular product or a particular brand. For mascara They Are Real from Benefit has been my holy grail ,but one coat of the falsies ,kind of altered my belief in the Benefit Mascara. The Maybelline Falsies indeed lengthens the lashes as similar to false eyelashes, but I don’t really see much of volume there, so it’s claim of 300% increment in lashes looks a little lame to me. Whereas the Benefit Mascara seems to give some instant volume , but lacks in length. So viola, like in my hospital I mix medicines and drugs and injections, I mixed 2 mascaras for makeup, a coat of benefit for that voluptuous effect and a 2 coats of falsies for the false lash length. But when used alone I feel the formula of the falsies is really lightweight and I don’t really notice much of clumping on building up.
- Cute purple girly packaging
- Gives decent volume to lashes
- Lengthens the lashes really well
- Holds up the curl really well
- Doesn’t feel heavy on lashes and doesn’t clump to a certain extent
- The concave side of the wand sets really well on the lower lashes
- Lasts long without flaking
- Doesn’t give as much of volume as it promises
- The waterproof version is very difficult to remove
- Formula sometimes takes longer to dry up and cling to the lashes
- The wand is not tapered as desired in the end so sometimes reaching the inner corner lashes becomes an issue (not a big con for me)
Final Verdict: Overall I would say that the Maybelline Falsies is undoubtedly the best drugstore mascara available in India, only that you would need a really effective and strong makeup remover to get rid of it after use.
For the 475INR that I paid , I guess it got all covered, as it stays for a good amount of time and doesn’t flake, so for all those girly night outs this is a budget mascara that would perfectly fit in your purse and sit there looking cute and always ready to add that glam on the lashes, only that it provided a little more volume with length I would have given it a perfect 5.
Guest Post by Contributor Aditi