Guest Post By Sush
I remember many of you asked me the secret behind my glowing skin.. Ahem! Ahem! Lol: P not praising but this may be because of few makeup tricks which I am sure everyone knows. I personally believe in healthy skin which is more important than makeups. But we are makeup fanatics, buying and experimenting is part of our life now. Today I am gonna share with you review on MAC STROBE CREAM- Hydratant Lumineux.
WHAT MAC SAYS: The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight.
Price: 1950 INR (increased now) OR US$32.00
Quantity: 50 ml / 1.7 US fl oz
MAC has 2 variants of Strobe Hydratant Lumineux-
- MAC STROBE CREAM for Dry/combination skin.
- MAC STROBE LOTION for Oily/ combination skin.
I picked up MAC strobe cream for my dry combination skin type. One of the most raved MAC products among MUAs. I heard many good things about Strobe cream; I remember trying it at store how instantly it brightens up my face giving a fresh dewy glow to my skin. I felt nice that whole day and finally I made my mind and purchased it. This is amazing for dry skin. It is hydrating, non –oily, lightweight and absorb quickly. Although it is skincare line from MAC, but the ultra-fine micro silver purple shimmers looks very pretty when used as a highlighter after foundation routine. Those who have super dry skin like me; applying this only won’t work. I prefer mixing it with my regular moisturizer. I use this before applying MAC studio fix powder. It is very light-weight and absorb quickly without any greasy feelings. It not only moistens skin but boost up dull and dehydrated and tired looking skin instantly. Very nice for that dewy glowing skin. There are many ways in applying MAC strobe Cream but I prefer only 2 ways.
One, I prefer applying as a base for that brighten and dewy looking skin. And 2ndly, as a highlighter on my high points i.e. bridge of nose, cupid bow, cheekbones, collar bones, décolletage area for that subtle glow. You can layer it on for that strong noticeable highlighting effect. Those who have oily T-zone I suggest not to apply on T-zone instead should use a powder highlighter. I kind of loving the effect it gives over bronzer. It looks very natural just like your 2nd skin. The effects last for whole day until you come home and remove your makeups. It is fully loaded with vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants which release oxygen making you skin looks alive whole day.
What I like about MAC STROBE CREAM- Hydratant Lumineux:
- It can be used only as a moisturizer. Or can be mix with your regular moisturizer according to need.
- It can be used as a base under makeups.
- It can be mixed with foundation.
- It can be use as a subtle daily highlighting effect.
- It can be mixed with tinted moisturizer and many more.
- Very versatile Skincare product from MAC.
- Effect Last whole day.
- Boost up dull and dehydrated skin.
- Moisturize and brighten skin.
- Little goes very long way.
- Micro shimmer particles are not too harsh.
- Lightweight and easily absorbable.
- Can be use as a daily moisturizer.
- No irritations no side effects.
What I don’t like about MAC STROBE CREAM- Hydratant Lumineux:
- It does have a weird smell which last for couple of minutes.
- Price is on higher side for 50ml.
- They say Sensitive skin must stay away from this but I have dry sensitive skin I never had have any issue with it. Wrong speculation! Still for your satisfaction do try at store first or ask for a sample before buying full size.
Recommendation: I will definitely repurchase Strobe cream once I finish my current tube. Good for summers and winters as well. Appropriate for both dry and oily skin. A perfect illuminant base one can have. It can be used during day and night. Use as a moisturizer or mix with foundation, choice is yours.. Play with your imagination 😛 J