There are few lip liner shades from MAC which are as popular as their lipsticks. Both of them retails same price, people prefer lipsticks over lip liners so do I. Although there is always a room for nude liner in my heart, they are versatile and can be easily create a base. However I prefer lining my lips whenever necessary not always, cant waste the product by sharpening each time you see :P. After MAC Magenta lipliner, MAC Soar is the 2nd on the line.
What Company Claims: A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
Price: 1450 INR OR $16 USD
Quantity: 1.45 g very less than the amount we get in bullet form.
MAC describes lipliner “SOAR”- as mid-toned pinkish brown. I brought this shade to pair up with all my nudes, one shade which co-operates with all. I can wear it alone or pair it up with a nude lipstick- no matter what it looks pretty on lips. It is surely a pinkish-brown nude which leans towards cooler side. “Soar” which is a perfect rosy nude which give slightly hint of colour on lips, looks absolutely stunning and perfect for every day. It can look breathtakingly beautiful with deep smokey eyes. The shade looks different on different skin tones, on deeper skin it may look little wash out.
The texture is smooth and creamy; spread easily without hurting my lips. MAC products do give beautiful colour pay off but there are few of them which needs unbelievably rubbing on lips #ouch. But this one glides beautifully and evenly without any tugging effect. I love the texture and the formula better than MAC Magenta lip liner. It’s not only me, but I have heard many of my fellow friends complaining same about the dry and rough texture of Magenta- may be the formula varies with different shade.
The pigmentation is medium to buildable, and gives opaque finish on lips in single pass. It can feel little drying on lips during winters but proper moisturizing makes it perfect! It’s a basic lip liner from permanent range, nothing fancy but a long pencil with black grey body and has a tight cap which helps protect the pencil nip.
What I like about MAC SOAR Lip-Liner:
- Permanent line- can be easily available.
- Beautiful rosy nude shade that can be paired with many nudes or lighter lipstick shades.
- Love the smooth and creamy texture. Light weight and applies smoothly.
- It has a satiny smooth formula that sets to matte after few minutes.
- Doesn’t dry out my lips but I prefer using lip balm underneath or prepping before hand or else it can sit on lip lines.
- Gives opaque coverage. Has rich colour pay off.
- Stays upto 6 hours on me with slight fading after heavy meals.
- Can be paired with lipstick or wear alone.
- Travel friendly and light weight.
What I don’t like about MAC SOAR Lip-Liner:
- I don’t know why but MAC lip liners don’t have Vanilla scent to it. Did anyone recognize that?
- Price considering with the amount of product we get.
- Sharpening leads to product wastage.
I am planning to pic more MAC lipliners, they are long wearing, pigmented, smooth and creamy on lips. Oh and bdw, if you are looking for Kylie Jenner lip shade, then let me tell you, She either use MAC Spice OR MAC Beurre lipliner Or combination of both.- Do check-‘em” out next time you step inside MAC store 😉
Guest Post by Contributor Sushmita