Guest Post By Sushmita
To all my sweeties- wish you all Happy New year 2014. Sorry to being MIA for so long..I was struggling from a bad phase of my life but I am back with all new state of mind. This new year let’s get started with a Limited Edition Lipstick from MAC. I am starting this year reviewing on- MAC Sheen Supreme Limited Edition Lipstick in ZEN ROSE.
MAC Claims: Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid – with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion.
Price: 990 INR for 3.6gm ($16 each for 0.12 oz.).
Expiry: 3Yrs from the date of manufacture.
My Take on MAC Sheen Supreme Limited Edition Lipstick in ZEN ROSE.
I remember this is my 2nd MAC lippi after VIVA Glam II (review coming soon). MAC defines Zen Rose as a mid-tone bright fuchsia and comes in their sheen supreme range but I find it more towards blue based. The glossy Sheen Supreme range is absolute love for lips, if you know what I want to mean 😉 :P. Lets talk about Packaging first..
The packaging is quite different from MAC’s normal range. Sheen Supreme is sleeker, comes in glossy black tube kind of packaging which looks more elegant and royal. Similar to Mineralize lipstick range.
The pigmentation is quite sheer to full coverage. One can apply one layer to have sheer coverage and then build up to get full opaque coverage. This is why I feel it is wearable both day and night. Sheen Supreme Range is superb smooth, soft and creamy. Again something very different from MAC’s usual range. Glides on lips easily and gives your lips long lasting glossy finish 😀 Mac is well known for its pigments and staying power no doubt in that. It stay put on my lips for almost 4-5 hours without fading or smudging and leave a light pinkish tint on my lips..I learned how it survived my mid-day meals as well- Absolute love <3
I love how it make my lips well hydrated throughout this winters no matter I put any lip balm underneath of not. Another good points to give thumbs up.
What I like about – MAC Sheen Supreme Limited Edition Lipstick in ZEN ROSE.
- First the sleek black glossy packaging.
- The pink based fuchsia colour which is not too bold neither muted- but a perfectly creative- middle of two.
- Can be used both sheer to buildable coverage.
- Appropriate for Day and Night.
- Great pigmentation (can cover pigmentation of lips if applied moderately).
- Light weight, smooth, creamy and glossy texture instantly plump up your lips and gives a sexy look 😉
- Long staying power and ability to survive mid-day meal despite having such a glossy finish is something people must appreciate.
- Ahh! The most famous MAC’s Vanilla fragrance. 😀
What I hate about – MAC Sheen Supreme Limited Edition Lipstick in ZEN ROSE.
- Availability. *Zen Rose* is a Limited Edition shade. (not permanent )
- Can melt during summer so advisable to keep in cool place.
- Nothing else!
IBJ Rating: 4.5/5
Final Words: Who don’t want to admire those glossy sexy lips?? I know everyone go gaga over it :D. Such a pretty shade it is, which can be worn with many dresses, day or night doesn’t matter but it can instantly perk up your look.