Visiting a MAC store, when you are just stepping into the world of makeup can be a bit overwhelming. I can’t forget the day when I went to MAC and literally wanted to pick up everything I was trying out! It all looked so fab on me that I was tempted to buy. Remembering my initial days of shopping at MAC, I thought of compiling a list so it becomes easy for you to decide on which products are worth investing in if you’re a MAC virgin.
1. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: Applying foundation on day to day basis can feel a little too much & high maintenance. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is the best powder foundation ever. Keeps the skin shine free and matte all day. Highly pigmented so lasts long. Comes in a variety of shades so you can easily find your best match. Can be used as a foundation or as a setting powder. You can read the full review here.
MAC says : A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and longtime favorites of M∙A∙C fans.
2. M.A.C Prolongwear Concealer: This is the product most beauty bloggers all over the globe swear by & I love it so much that I keep this concealer in 2 different shades to address different problems on my face. The Prolongwear range is great for those who sweat a lot. It is completely waterproof and does not budge unless you remove. You can read the full review here.
MAC says: A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump.
3. MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil: Chubby sticks, lip crayons are rage in the market right now. And one of my recent purchase from MAC is MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Kittenish. I think this a perfect combination of lipstick & lip balm for beginners, easy to wear, glossy finish & can touch anytime during the day. They are creamy and really smooth. It keeps lips moisturized for hours. You can read the full review here.
MAC says: The colour and shine of a gloss, the precision of a lip pencil – now in one colour stick. M•A•C Patentpolish Lip Pencil instantly achieves a luscious shine with a single swipe. Effortless twist-up keeps application clean and simple, with no need to sharpen. Enjoy colour in a range of 12 new shades – from bright corals to soft, rosy pinks and natural nudes – that stay bright and true on all skin tones.
4. MAC Groundwork Paint Pot: Groundwork is a soft brown with a hint of taupe in it. It works very well on eye lids and makes them appear very natural. It evens out any darkness on the lid. On fair skintones, this would be a very beautiful brown cream eyeshadow. You can read the full review here.
MAC says: A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
5. MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: If you would ask me one eyeshadow that is a must have from MAC then I would say Amber Lights. It is a beautiful peachy golden color which works well on our Indian skintone. It is perfect for daytime or special occasions. You can read the full review here.
MAC says: Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
6. MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush Peachtwist: Peachtwist is one of those gorgeous shades in the sheertone shimmer collection, very apt for Indian skin. It is a lovely peachy brown with tiny shimmer. It looks dark in the pan but comes out as a beautiful deep peach blush. Must have for dusky girls and it would look good on fair skin as well without making you look muddy, as it is sheer. You can read the full review here.
Mac says: Colour for the cheeks and face. Various formulas. Different looks.
7. MAC Lipsticks: This post cannot be complete without mentioning MAC’s most selling product, its lipsticks. There are about 100 shades to choose from. Once you try MAC lipsticks its like no looking back. You will surely keep coming back to MAC for lipsticks. I will do a separate post on must have MAC lipsticks for Indian skin but for now my recommendation for beginners are MAC Satin Mocha, M.A.C Matte Lipstick Chili, MAC Girl About Town Lipstick. You can click on the respective links to read full review.
MAC says: Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.