I have been wanting to do this post for a long time but blame my laziness or forgetfulness for doing it so late. I always mention that “am an NC42 in MAC” in most of my makeup product reviews. I just wanted to share with you a little bit of gyaan that I have about this NC, NW funda.
Cool Undertones – If you are very fair, and you have pinkish tone in your skin, then you are cool toned and to neutralize that, you would need and NW ( Neutral Warm ) shade in your foundation.
Warm Undertones – If you have a medium – dark skintone and have yellow tone in the skin, then to neutralize that, you would need an NC shade of foundation. Most of us Indian Women fall under this category.
I have a strong yellow tone in my skin and I balance it with an NC42 foundation in MAC. MAC foundation ranges from NC15 to NW45 so you would definitely get the right shade closest to your skin tone.
Points To Remember:
1. Always check the foundation under natural day light and never under the store’s artificial yellow light.
2. Do ask for a free sample and try it for at least a week to know if it is your right shade and is it suitable for your skin type.
3. Never try a foundation on your arm. The shade of the skin on your hands may differ from your face.
4. When you go for a foundation shopping, try to go with as less makeup as possible as it becomes a pain to remove your base makeup completely at the store. I always go with a clean bare face so that I know how exactly the foundation matches my skin tone.
5. The Makeup Artists may not always be right with your foundation shade as humans also tend to make mistakes so try it yourself and do not succumb to any kind of pressure. MAC does not exchange your used products at least in India so be careful before buying a full sized product. If you are not satisfied, simply walk out.
I hope this post was helpful. You can mail me should you have any further queries.
Have a great day!