I am a big fan of Lush skin care, they are cruelty free, fresh handmade skincare cosmetics brand originated from UK, available worldwide. Few of their skincare products are my staple and out of which Mask of Magnaminty scores 2nd position after my all time favorite Angel on bare skin cleanser. I wish Lush make a quick comeback and bestow their magic on Kolkata as well.
LUSH- MASK OF MAGNAMINTY Review:
What Company Claims: A multi-purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin. Easily smoothed over the skin, this mask is made with peppermint oil to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate as you remove it. You can use this mask anywhere.
List of ingredients
Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey, Talc, Ground Aduki Beans, Glycerine, Evening Primrose Seeds, Peppermint Oil, African Marigold Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, *Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyllin, Methylparaben, Natural Ingredients, Safe Synthetics
None of these ingredients have been tested on animals, nor did we buy any from anyone that tested anything else on animals.
*occurs naturally in essential oils.
Price: I brought this product from Singapore; therefore the prices are S$ 26.00 / 125g and – S$ 45.00 / 315g
Lush Mask of Magnaminty is basically a deep cleansing minty mask and recommended for oily-combination skin types. According to Lush this is a cleanser which works in 3 ways- cleansing, scrubbing and as a deep cleansing face and body mask. The first time I brought this product for my friend, she has oily skin with tendency of breakouts. The results are very noticeable right after 2 days of usage; her skin was clean, brighter and smoother. The generous and humble Lush SA gave little sample for me to test it and honestly I couldn’t hold myself back to get this product for myself. Now that this is my 2nd tub of Magnanimity I am glad that I can finally give my best review/opinion on this stuff.
The featured Ingredient: An evening Primrose seed is known as exfoliating agent and provide added benefit for anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties. I have dry combination skin, therefore use once a week. However I occasionally apply only on my T-zone area to get rid of excess oil. The Mask is a minty goodness, The colour and scent of the product is like mint chocolate ice-cream 😀 so fresh so tingly and so minty 😀 absolutely love it! It brings out ultimate freshness to dull face in just 15 mints. It has peppermint oil in it therefore; it gives cooling and tingling sensation on skin. The mask cleans out blocked pores, dirt and excess oils from skin and scrub away dead skin cells and removes tan. Yes! It really gives a healthy and refreshing boost to dull skin.
The Direction says to apply on face, neck and back for 15-20 minutes and wash off with warm water, massage as you go and rinse completely followed by Moisturizer. I follow this way, this has become by go to mask plus scrub, during summers I use twice a week but in winter once a week is enough. The mask doesn’t strip off natural oil from my face instead make it smoother and impart a healthy glow. I feel refresh each time I use it. I love using it more during summer due to its minty sensations.
What I like about Lush Mask of Magnaminty:
- Everything minty 😀 so refreshing/
- Has mint-chocolate kind of scent to it.
- Remove Tan, excess oil, dirt and clean pores.
- Best suited those who have oily combination skin.
- Regular use can calm down the redness, reduce pimple and impart a healthy glow.
- Feels cool, very soothing and fresh once applied because it has peppermint oil in it.
- Kaolin clay is widely known for skin benefits.
- Evening Primrose Seeds provides exfoliation and smooth skin.
- All Vegan ingredients-handmade products.
- Can be applied on both face and body.
- Helps in cleaning pore- as a cleanser. As a mask it removes tan and calm down redness and exfoliates as you go.
- This is a multipurpose product with touch of nature.
- Can be used by dry-combination skin too.
- I have dry dehydrated combination skin (very complicated Lol I know!) It never strips off natural oil from my face. It never dry down completely but you can feel the tightness which indicates that its working on you pore: D
What I don’t like about Lush Mask of Magnaminty:
- LUSH has no store in INDIA now, the biggest downfall!
- In that case price becomes more than double than what we used to pay in India.
I really wish Lush make a comeback soon. If get a chance you must place some LUSH products clubbing with friends. I am sure once you use this mask you won’t look back.
Review By Sushmita