Hey Friends,This week, our Covergirl
from The Indian Beauty Blog
As far as I know, she is a doctor by profession and a true makeup and beauty freak.
Read on to know more about her.
Woohooo…. So finally I’m featuring here on IBJ! Yayy! I have made an awesome friend in Preetha, and I’m so happy to be the IBJ cover-girl!
1. What inspired you to become a beauty blogger?: I have been following make-up and beauty related blogs for quite some time now. last year, while preparing for a friend’s wedding, I got hooked onto beauty blogs, and started buying products only after thoroughly reading reviews on blogs. This prompted me to start writing my own blog in April this year, and now there’s no looking back.
2. So when did you start blogging? It all started in April 2012 (I took this decision at the spur of the moment, btw)
3. How difficult was it in the beginning? I’d say, since I am a techno-savvy girl things did not bother me on the technical front. But I definitely have made a whole lot of improvement in my writing style and photography skills. Sometimes when I check out my own initial posts, I am tempted to think ” What crappy pics!” or “What have I written?”… Getting the nerve of beauty-blogging does take some time.
4. One makeup or skincare product that you cannot do without? The entire tea-tree range from The Body Shop! (psst! Preetha calls me TBS Queen, haha)
5. One product that you think is your best buy till date? The MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation. Right shade, and right product type for my skin. I absolutely love it! It was also my first buy from MAC, and so is very dear to me.
6. How has the blogging journey been so far? I almost want to say that it has been fabulous, but the fact is that it has been a mixed reaction from people so far. I have had my low days already. But I don’t wanna discuss them here. Though, needless to say, I am enjoying being a beauty blogger to the core!
7. How have you been able to help people through your blog? In the beginning, my blog had a different name, and I think it was the uniqueness of the blog in terms of lending a helping hand to girls with a dusky skin tone that attracted people to my blog. With time things change, and so did my blog. And I’m more than happy that all my friends who were with me in the beginning are still with me! My readers look up to me for reviews meant specifically for girls with deeper skin tones, and I’m happy I’m able to help them out in their quest to find the best products for them.
8. Your version of the pros and cons of being a beauty blogger? The pro’s would be that you get to interact with a lot of like-minded people daily, and get to know them and their opinions too. I have met a few fellow beauty bloggers too, and it was a fabulous experience. The cons are like any other business venture. You do have a lot of competition out there!
9. Your word of advice to new bloggers out there? Focus on content on your blogs. Only good quality content will get you recognition. And be original. There is no other way to be a beauty blogger!
10.Your future plans? To build a successful beauty blog. As for long term, I do not have a master-plan. I take each day as it comes, and my taste, priorities and wishes change every other day. I do not like working with a dead-line.
11.Your favourite brand of makeup/skincare: Skin care: The Body Shop, Make-up: MAC…. and L’oreal (very recently!)
I loved reading every answer Ritu. I wish you all the very best for your future. May you achieve great heights in whatever you do.<3