Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick 313 Fruit Defendu Review, Swatch, LOTD
Price: 2785/- INR (Available at Shoppers Stop and Debenhams)
My Take on Givenchy le rouge 313:
I absolutely adore GIVENCHY LE ROUGE Lipsticks and over the past one year I collected some 10 – 12 shades from permanent and limited edition line and will keep on doing so as they are so addictive. # 313 is also LE shade which is available for purchase in India although it’s not yet launched in USA, I guess.
Shade: # 313 Fruit Defendu is very bright and vibrant shade of true orange , it is warm toned but is equally flattering on any skin tone , I am NC 42 and it doesn’t look odd at all , I see this colour will work on all skin tones easily . I had hard time finding a perfect orange lipstick which is not flat out matte and not something too satiny or glossy and this fits in the bill perfectly, this has soft sheen to it and after a while it sets to semi matte shade.
Texture: GIVENCHY Le Rouge have creamy , easy to glide texture , this is also same but due to slippery texture if you press your lips it may settle in fine lines , I do take care of this all the time . I am not particularly happy with the texture for this shade.
Packaging: Givenchy le rouge comes in black leather cover which looks good but a little bulky. I do adore the packaging as it looks different from other high end lipsticks.
Longevity: It stays on my lips for 4 – 5 hrs easily although it is very slippery still it sticks nicely and doesn’t bleed or feather. The lipstick once wears off, leaves behind an orange tint and doesn’t make my lips feel dry.
- I absolutely love the colour; it is bright and vibrant shade of true Orange.
- The pigmentation is good and it is opaque in two swipes.
- The lipstick feels feather light on lips even if you layer it.
- The packaging is good but not sleek at all.
- The staying power is good even if it has lot of slip.
- It feels little slippery as compared to other LE Rouge I tried.
- The other Rouge G’s I tried are very long lasting but this isn’t due to slippery texture.
Final words: I liked the shade a lot but one has to be extra careful and keep the lips in good shape so that it doesn’t settle in fine lines or appear patchy.
Guest Post by Contributor Rashmi