I love sporting a good nail color and I prefer changing it every 2-3 days, but at times I simply feel too lazy to remove the old color as it takes some time & effort. I always wished there was a quick & easier way to get rid of old nail polish. I have tried the Colorbar Ultimate Nail Enamel Remover in the past, it is very effective and works its magic in 3-4 seconds, which is fantastic but it’s costly in my opinion Rs. 399. Then there is another alternative available in the market the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover which is even more costly – Rs. 800. So, I decided to take matters in my own hands and came up with this simple DIY Nail Polish Remover in Jar!
I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but it exceeded my expectation and it efficiently removes nail polish within seconds just as the ones do available in the market.
Things required for DIY Nail Polish Remover in Jar:
- A plastic container whose lid could be tightly secured
- Piece of sponge that will fit in the jar easily
- A cutter
- Nail Polish Remover – try and pick one which is acetone free, this will prevent it from drying up soon.
Steps for DIY Nail Polish Remover in Jar:
- Take the piece of sponge and place it in the jar to determine how much you will need and using a cutter, cut a piece as required.
- Tightly roll it and place it in the jar, making sure there is no space peeking through. When you will roll the sponge, you will automatically get a hole in the centre to insert your finger. You won’t need to cut a hole later on.
- Fill the jar with Nail Polish Remover or as much as your sponge absorbs.
- Tightly screw the lid and your Nail Polish Remover in Jar is ready.
- To use, simply insert your finger in the jar hole and twist it a few times.
- And tada, you will be surprised how quickly it removes color completely from the nails.
Note: Over the time the sponge may dry out. In this case, you would just need to pour in more nail polish remover. Once the sponge is completely used up, replace it with a new sponge and repeat the process.
Now I only wish there was quick & easy way to remove nail polish from toe nails!
Guest Post by Contributor Aditi A