Guest Post By Neel
I have been hunting a BB Cream since a long and most of them actually disappointed me. And everyday using a foundation when you are late for work turns out to be stressful. Finally, I decided to make my own BB Cream where I have the right amount of moisturization and coverage at the same time and which does not give a made up look, which looks & stays fresh throughout the day.
- Daily Moisturization Cream – I am using Neutrogena Oil – Free Moisture (My skin loves this cream, be it winter or summer)
- Daily Sunscreen – I am using Vichy SPF 50+ (Not a big fan of this cream but works wonderfully in my BB Cream)
- Your favorite foundation – I am using Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in Warm Golden(It gives about medium coverage and when included in BB Cream Recipe, it gives decent coverage to hide light blemishes)
- A mixing bowl & few cotton buds
- A container to store BB Cream – I am using my old Forest Essentials Lip Balm container. Its small & easy to carry around plus it has an inbuilt mirror.
How to Make your own BB Cream:
- In a small bowl add your moisturizer (about 1 tsp), I suggest you make BB Cream in small batches, I make mine that lasts for about a week.
- To this add Sunscreen (about 1 tsp).
- Now add your foundation, again same quantity but you can increase or decrease the foundation quantity as per your need. If you need more coverage, add a little bit more or if you need less reduce the quantity. You can even include a concealer at this stage, if your foundation doesn’t give required coverage.
- Mix everything well with the help of cotton bud. Since, the texture of the all the products is different it won’t get gelled into a single product (like a BB Cream you get in market) but when you blend it on the skin, it gives results which are far better than the BB Cream you purchase from outside.
- Store it in a tight container & use as required. Your BB Cream is ready.
In the pic below, I have swatched & blended the Homemade BB Cream on my arm and it is perfect for my skin type. It is easy to make & saves ample of time in the morning when I am running late for work. I don’t have to layer multiple products!