Guest Post By Sushmita
By this time everyone knows what’s the function of highlighters is. Its not a compulsory product but definitely recommendable. It adds glow and highlights your bridge of nose, highlights cheeks. You can use highlighters on temples of your face to give a definition. Today I am going to review on my HG highlighter I recently discover. Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen shade # Glamour 001. To know more continue reading.
Claims: Banish the dull and tired look forever with the Radiant Glow Face Illuminator. A one of a kind product in India, this face highlighter gives the complexion a vibrant and perky look. The Radiant Glow Face Illuminator enhances makeup and brightens the complexion, giving the face a natural glow.
Price: Rs 475 for 2.2 ml
Shelf life: 3 years.
Let’s talk about my experience on Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen:
I was in search for a good highlighter and somehow I always ignored the colorbar one. But recently while checking some few launches from colorbar, I saw highlighters been kept on their racks. I quickly picked one and swatched on my hand.
The SA then applied on my upper cheekbone and dabbed some pressed powder to balance it. I saw my face glowing within a min adding natural glow to my upper cheekbones. I felt the highlighter is not a cream based. The texture is very thin like a light lotion. Does not feel heavy or sticky.
It almost gets absorbed into skin leaving natural illuminating particles. Without wasting much time I quickly picked it up. One thing I like the most is the travel friendly packaging with a brush pen applicator. The brush applicator helps in highlighting inner corners of eyes and brow bones as well. I have to clicks 3-4 times to dispense the highlighter in brush and then lightly apply on the areas I want to highlight.
Using ring my finger I gently dab and blend it further. It stay put for long time and thank god it do not transfer. To set I often use some pressed powder or loose powder. I don’t need any touch ups either. I am done with my noticeably radiant cheekbones! Taaadaaa 😀
What I like about Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen:
- The brush applicator is very easy and hygienic to use.
- Pen style concept is very travel friendly, no mess at all.
- Easy to blend.
- Stay up for long time.
- Non sticky and non transferable.
- Impart natural and healthy glow in decent manner, not like disco balls.
- Illuminating particles are very micro and not harsh.
- Do not feel harsh on skin.
- Good for oily and dry skin.
- Doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
What I don’t like about Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen:
- No such shade selection. Only one with golden champagne shade which may not suit dusky beauties.
- You will find hard time blending those shimmer particles, it just sits on skin. One need to be careful about the amount been used.
- I like the pen style but sometimes have to click 5-6 times and suddenly spews a huge blob which most of the time you end up wasting.
- The packaging is opaque which gives you no idea when the product is about to end.
Verdict: Yes! This is one a decent and travel friendly illuminator which I definitely adore. If you like light and natural healthy glow and travels a lot then this is perfect for you. Many of my friends like it too and I am glad I picked it up.