We generally get fascinated by Celebrities Weddings, so much inspiration to derive for your wedding isn’t it? So, we thought to put together details of Bollywood Brides on their wedding day & what they chose to wear for their big day!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan: Kareena Kapoor married boyfriend Saif Ali Khan on 16th October, 2012 in a Religious Nikah Wedding as well as Civil Register Marriage on the same day. She wore her mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore’s wedding day outfit which was recreated & restored by Designer Ritu Kumar. And Kareena, looked every bit of Begum of Patudi in this beautiful Sharara.
2. Sharmila Tagore: How can we not mention Sharmila Tagore in Bollywood Brides! Sharmila wore this traditional Farshi pajama-kurta in her own wedding in 1939! A rust and gold tissue dupatta with a mint green gote at the hem. Girls, go dig your mothers or soon to be mother-in-law’s treasure for your bridal outfit!
3. Genelia D’Souza: Riteish Deshmukh & Genelia D’Souza’s tied the knot on 3 February, 2012, at the Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in a traditional Maharashtrian wedding. Her red saree with gold kundan border with heavily embroidered golden blouse which was by Designer Neeta Lulla. Going by her traditional Maharashtrian style she wore “Mundavalya” & a “Nath” on her nose. They also had a church wedding on 4th February, 2012 in Bandra’s St Anne’s Church where she looked stunning in a white gown.
4. Esha Deol: Esha Deol married businessman Bharat Takhtani in June, 2012. Theirs was a South Indian wedding complete with traditional customs and rituals. Her bright red and gold lehenga, designed by Neeta Lulla. It is said that her wedding lehenga was made from three heavy Kanjeevaram sarees from south India. Her outfit was matched with heavy traditional Temple jewellery in gold.
5. Ashwariya Rai: Aishwarya Rai married Abhishek Bachchan on April 20, 2007. The wedding was a traditional & a private affair, we never really got to see a perfect picture of her wedding outfit L Aishwarya wore a traditional golden yellow Kanjeevaram saree which was again designed by Neeta Lulla.
6. Shilpa Shetty: Perfect figure, Manglorean beauty Shilpa Shetty tied the knot with UK businessman Raj Kundra on November 22, 2009 in a traditional Hindu wedding. She wore a burgundy red wine saree style lehenga which was said to be embellished with Swaroski crystals. She chose heavy kundan jewellery to team with her outfit.
7. Avantika Malik: Avantika Malik married long time friend & boyfriend Imran Khan in a simple yet so elegant & stylish pale white net ghaghra with a pink velvet border lehenga designed by none other than Manish Malhotra. She looked like gorgeous on her wedding day!
8. Ahana Deol: One of the recent wedding in Bollywood was Hema Malini and Dharmendra’s youngest daughter, Ahana Deol & Delhi based businessman Vaibhav Vohra on 2nd February, 2014, in Mumbai. Like her sister, Ahana Deol wore a traditional saree designed by Neeta Lulla. Her outfit looks very similar to what her sister, Esha Deol wore on her wedding day. Neverthless, it was stunning!
Image Source: Google Images