Packaging: I was really excited to try a face exfoliating brush as I have combination skin. A good exfoliating brush or a pad can help fight blackheads, dead skin cells and any other impurities easily. As I am skeptical about shopping on international websites, I settled down for this exfoliating brush which is easily available in India. The Body Shop Facial Brush is a tiny plastic brush with a handle. The brush bristles are made with nylon. They are white in color and I am really happy that they don’t shed nor the face wash or face pack color bleeds to the bristles. The brush comes with a transparent lid that covers the bristles nicely and keeps it hygienic.
Application: The facial brush has decently soft bristles but they don’t feel very gentle. So, I would highly recommend you to use a rich foaming face wash or a hydrating face pack or scrub and then work the brush for exfoliating your skin. The brush bristles don’t hurt or feel harsh on the skin. But, you should remember to use a very light hand while using it and also avoid using this brush for everyday use. I like to use this brush once or twice a week. It works fairly well in exfoliating skin.
Pros of The Body Shop Facial Brush:
- Sturdy and travel-friendly packaging.
- Ergonomically designed to hold and reach all the contours of your face easily.
- Comes with a lid so hygienic.
- Good brush for exfoliating skin.
- It helps in foaming up face washes well.
- Bristles don’t shed or bleed.
- Travel friendly.
- Reasonably priced.
Cons of The Body Shop Facial Brush:
- Always out of stock. I was searching for this facial brush from more than 6 months and finally found it.
- The bristles don’t feel very gentle on skin.
- Might not work on sensitive skin.
- Not recommended to be used for everyday facial cleansing.
- Definitely abrasive, if used alone on the skin.
Final Verdict: Overall, definitely not a must-have product to own from TBS! It helps in exfoliating skin well. After using this facial brush my skin feels soft and smooth. But, if you are looking for something very gentle on the skin then I suggest you skip this brush. I really wished the bristles were little softer!
Guest Post by Contributor Pavai