Estee Lauder’s Post Party Fix- Beauty of Sleep
10 Tips for Beauty Sleep by Estee Lauder !
1. A sleep schedule is very important—this involves timeliness and the recommended slot spans from 10pm to 7am for the prescribed seven hours.
2. Over-indulging on weekends cannot compensate for lack of sleep on weekdays and will not reverse the damage, nor will afternoon naps that extend over a period of 30 minutes. FYI: A mid-day snooze must end by 4 pm.
3. Keep your mind clutter free—all of life’s important decisions and analysis can wait until the next morning so don’t use your pre-slumber moments to stress about your schedule. It is recommended that you jot down all important tasks for the next day to keep your mind at ease.
4. Your bedroom at night should be a no gadgets, no TV, no cellphone, no sound, no light zone. Switch-off from the world no matter how tempted you are to catch that late-night soap on the telly, or to reply to a text, or check your social networking updates.
5. Caffeine, alcohol and nicotine all hamper a good night’s rest and are best indulged with a gap of three hours before bed time.
6. Instead, indulge in a comforting pre-sleeping ritual like a warm bath, a foot soak, a lotion application session, or similar relaxing activities that calm your senses.
7. If all fails and you still have trouble sleeping, try including a physical exercise into your daily schedule—a jog, some yoga, a music-and-dance-hour during the day.
8. Always sleep on your back so that your face is not compressed by anything. For those who cannot conquer this for habitual reasons, opt for forgiving linens for your pillows and bed covers like silk.
9. Also, do not sleep on your palm, or with your hand on your head; any pressure or skin-fold-inducing positions can cause wrinkles.
10. Wake up to the rising sun, open your curtains, turn off that AC and let the bright sunlight rest on your skin, but not without a sunblock of course—good for about 20 minutes to gaint he benefits of Vitamin D.
Catabolysis, a critical nighttime cellular repair process
Estée Lauder Scientists have always been at the forefront of skincare research and understanding how skin repairs itself at night. They were among the first to understand the importance of skin’s 24-hour circadian rhythm and how clock genes are critical to the synchronization of natural skin repair and protection. Now, Estée Lauder revolutionizes night repair once again with a breakthrough discovery related to skin cells’ Catabolysis, a critical nighttime cellular repair process. Estée Lauder Scientists are among the first to understand that this natural purification process peaks in cells at night and is pivotal to skin’s natural repair.
Catabolysis activity helps skin cells eliminate internal debris that can cause cellular damage, which in turn optimizes cellular performance and helps increase skin’s overall repair. Considered a critical aging pathway, the efficiency of the Catabolysis repair process declines with age and becomes desynchronized from the night. Together, with skin’s circadian rhythm, the discovery of this natural cellular repair function reinforces the critical link between night and skin’s natural repair.
Estée Lauder also commissioned an unprecedented independent clinical study with University Hospitals (UH) Case Medical Center to discover the impact chronic lack of sleep has on skin function and appearance. For the first time, the study – “Effects of Sleep Quality on Skin Aging and Function” – shows that lack of sleep can accelerate signs of skin aging. Coinciding with the launch of NEW Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II, the study results reinforce the importance of sleep and nightly repair.