Hi everyone! Wedding is the most important day in a girl’s life. Let’s start off our Bridal Makeup series on IBJ with some basic tips to help you look your best on the most special day of your life!
10 Makeup Tips for Brides
1) Understand your skin type and discuss about it with your MUA beforehand. Understanding your skin type goes a long way in deciding how you look on your special day. Imagine that you have dry skin and your MUA applies a matte finish foundation without proper prepping, nightmare isn’t it? So discuss your skin type with your MUA and enquire about the products which would be used on you beforehand. 2) If you have a HG (Holy Grail) makeup product (like a specific foundation or primer), stick to it. Sometimes we would have our HG products which suit us best, lasts long and gives us our favourite finish. Discuss about them with your MUA and compare it with the product he/she plans to use on you. If your foundation or primer gives a better result then stick to it (I did this ). 3) Use the right foundation shade. Sometimes MUAs can be a little pushy and might apply wrong/lighter shades of foundation to make you look “whiter and fairer” on your wedding day. Sometimes it spoils the whole makeup, making you look like a pale ghost, especially in photos. Be sure to use the right foundation shade.
4) Go for a trial session to avoid any surprises or disappointments on the wedding day. Not all makeup combinations would suit everyone. Go for a trial session to determine what suits you best. Going for a trial also helps you to decide if you are satisfied with the makeup done by your MUA.
5) Ask your bridesmaid to carry a tiny touch up bag with essentials. Ask your bridesmaid to carry a tiny touch up bag during the reception in her handbag containing the following essentials:
- Lip colour
- Pressed powder
- Oil blotting sheets
- Eyeliner (in pencil form)
7) Start your skincare rituals and follow a healthy diet atleast 2 months prior to the date of wedding. Clear skin doesn’t come overnight. Start your skincare rituals atleast 2 months before the wedding. Choose products according to your skin type and follow a healthy diet. A healthy diet and drinking lots of water go a long way in making you look and feel good on your wedding day.
8) Use waterproof mascara, eyeliner and a long stay lipcolour. The most obvious tip of the lot! You wouldn’t like to have a half-faded lipcolour on your lips or black tears streaming down your cheeks on your wedding day, do you? 😛 So make sure you use a waterproof mascara, eyeliner and a long stay lipcolour on your special day.
9) Avoid experimenting with new skincare and makeup products just before the wedding. Some products might be great for some but might not work on your skin. So stay away from products which you have planned to try out just because they got rave reviews before the wedding. If you want to try any new products, try them atleast 2 months before the wedding date. That would give you ample time to deal with the effects, in case you get breakouts.
10) Sleep for a minimum of 6-7 hours the night before the wedding. Chatting with friends and enjoying the night before wedding is great but having a good sleep is the secret behind a fresh, glowing face in the morning. So make sure you sleep for a minimum of 6-7 hours the night before the wedding.
Guest Post by Contributor Ghayathri